Does this sound like you?
- An inability to communicate with your workers in real-time, and no immediate knowledge of their location and the projects they are supporting.
- Many contractors and employees servicing multiple well sites each day creating workforce planning and safety training and certification compliance challenges.
- A lack of understanding of which well sites have a higher maintenance priority.
- Predominantly manual processes to manage these challenges.
- An organizational mandate to digitize operations.
If the answer is “Yes”, then you should consider introducing a digital component to your EHS programs to improve worker safety but also create operational efficiencies that help you save time and money.
If the answer is “Yes”, you should consider introducing a digital component to your EHS programs to improve worker safety and create operational efficiencies that help you save time and money.
In Well Servicing Magazine’s December issue our article, “Technology Advancements are Improving Worker Safety” explains how digitizing your workforce keeps your at-risk workers connected, which improves their safety through the ability to communicate back and forth in real-time. But it also creates many additional benefits. Read the article.