Field Safe Solutions
It is Field Safe Solutions’ policy that all its communications with third parties comply with the requirements of Canada’s privacy legislation, the Personal Information Protecting and Electronics Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), the Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, passed in 2010 and effective July 1st, 2014 (“CASL”) and our own commitment to protecting our clients’ privacy.
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for a demo, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Field Safe Solutions follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Field Safe Solutions uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that Field Safe Solutions has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation protects consumers and businesses from the misuse of digital technology, including spam and other electronic threats. Field Safe Solutions values your privacy, and your preferences for electronic communications from us. Accordingly, we are committed to compliance with the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
To be in accordance with CASL, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
Field Safe Solutions is responsible for the personal information under its control and will designate one or more persons to ensure organizational accountability for compliance with the ten principles of privacy. All Field Safe Solutions employees are accountable for the protection of customers’ personal information.
- Identifying purposes
Field Safe Solutions will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
An individual’s knowledge and consent is required for the collection, use or disclosure of his or her personal information, unless otherwise permitted by law. Consent can be express or implied and may be obtained verbally, in writing or through electronic means. Alternatively, consent may be implied through the actions of customers or continued use of the product or service.
- Limited Collection
Personal information collected will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Field Safe Solutions.
- Limited Use, Disclosure and Retention
Field Safe Solutions will not use or disclose person information for purposes other than those for which the information was collected, except with the customer’s consent or as required by law. Personal information will be retained by Field Safe Solutions only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Accuracy of Personal Information
Field Safe Solutions will keep personal information as accurate, complete and current as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. An individual may have his or her information amended as appropriate were it is found to be inaccurate or incomplete.
- Safeguarding Personal Information
Personal information is safeguarded using measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness Concerning Policies and Practices
Field Safe Solutions will make information available to individuals about its policies and practices related to the management of person information. This information is available on the Field Safe Solutions website – fieldsafesolutions.com.
- Access to Personal Information
As required by applicable laws, Field Safe Solutions will inform an individual of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information upon request, and subject to certain exceptions, will give the individual access to that information. If Field Safe Solutions declines to provide such access for lawful reasons, Field Safe Solutions will explain the reasons except where prohibited by law.
- Addressing Complaints and Suggestions
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The Right to Access: You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The Right to Rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Object to Processing: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Data Portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Field Safe Solutions does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account: Means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Affiliate: Means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Application: Means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You on any electronic device, named Field Safe.
- Company: (Referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Field Safe Solutions, 707 – 7th AVENUE SW, SUITE 1350 CALGARY, AB CANADA T2P 3H6.
- Country: Refers to: Alberta, Canada.
- Employer: Means the company that you are employed for and have engaged the Company for the use of our services. The use of the Company app may be a stipulation of employment with your employer. All concerns of use of the Company app should be directed to the Employer.
- Device: Means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data: Is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service: Refers to the Application.
- Service Provider: Means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data: Refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- You: Means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone Number
- Location services
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information Collected while Using the Application
While using Our Application, in order to provide features of Our Application, We may collect, with Your prior permission:
- Information regarding your location
- Pictures and other information from your Device’s camera and photo library
We use this information to provide features of Our Service, to improve and customize Our Service. The information may be uploaded to the Company’s servers and/or a Service Provider’s server or it may be simply stored on Your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through Your Device settings. This may limit the app usage and should be discussed with the Employer.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and Maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To Manage Your Account: To manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the Performance of a Contract: The development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To Contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To Provide You: With news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To Manage Your Requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For Business Transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For Other Purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For Business Transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With Business Partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With Other Users: When You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your Consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: email@example.com:
See it in action